Read or Download AIX 5L Basics. Student Notebook PDF
Similar operating systems books
This practically-oriented textbook/reference presents a transparent advent to different part elements of an working method and the way those paintings together.
The easy-to-follow textual content covers the bootloader, kernel, filesystem, shared libraries, start-up scripts, configuration documents and procedure utilities. The process for development each one part is defined intimately, guiding the reader throughout the technique of making a absolutely sensible GNU/Linux embedded working system.
Topics and features:
* offers a concise evaluate of the GNU/Linux procedure, and an in depth assessment of GNU/Linux filesystems
* Describes how you can construct an embedded method to run on a digital desktop, and to run natively on a precise processor
* Introduces the concept that of the compiler toolchain, demonstrating the way to advance a go toolchain in order that courses should be outfitted on quite a number assorted architectures
* Discusses the ARM-based structures BeagleBone and Raspberry Pi
* Explains easy methods to construct OpenWRT firmware photographs for OMxP Open-mesh units and the Dragino MS14 series
Ideal for undergraduate and graduate point scholars learning working platforms, the e-book also will end up to be hugely worthy to execs curious about this quarter.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is the latest Mac working approach, with even higher functionality and extra effective use of hard disk drive area in addition to cool gains like MobileMe, the iWork productiveness suite, and better media know-how. And Mac OS X Snow Leopard All-in-One For Dummies is your one-stop reference for all its gains.
Extra info for AIX 5L Basics. Student Notebook
1 BKM2MIF Student Notebook Unit 4. Files and Directories What This Unit is About This unit introduces basic concepts for files and directories. What You Should Be Able to Do After completing this unit, students should be able to: • Describe the different file types • Describe the AIX file system structure • Use both full and relative path names in a file specification • Create, delete, and list directories • Use the touch command to create an empty file How You Will Check Your Progress Accountability: • Checkpoint questions • Exercise 3 © Copyright IBM Corp.
Don't forget about the meeting today!
Examples 1. To display information about who is using the local system node, enter: who Implementation Specifics This command is part of Asynchronous Terminal Emulation (ATE) Files /etc/utmp Contains user and accounting information. Figure 3-3. 0 Notes: This example shows the man who command. Note that this example has been condensed to fit on one page. 3-4 AIX 5L Basics © Copyright IBM Corp. 1995, 2001 Course materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of IBM.